Bruce Macpherson, AIA, LEED AP
Bruce Macpherson has over 25 years professional experience in a variety of project types, including healthcare, senior housing, educational and religious facilities. He stands out in the industry with a broad architectural background, having not only worked extensively in the Western United States, but also having performed diverse projects in the United Kingdom. Examples of his work include complex healthcare environments, a master plan for the famous Victoria Dock, mixed-use projects, multi-residential housing, and a 73,000 square foot dormitory facility in Southern California. This breadth of design experience gives Mr. Macpherson a rare perspective on creative problem solving within the architectural field.
As a Principal at PDA, he leads the staff in every aspect of project development and delivery, including design bid-build, design-build and negotiated proposal project delivery methods. His “hands-on” management approach provides key guidance on design and technology to the PDA team.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo – Bachelor of Architecture
Architectural Association School of Architecture, London, UK – Architectural Association Graduate Diploma, Housing Studies
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Supplemental Exam Master Commissioner, California Architects Board
- Item Writing Committee Member, California Architects Board
- Job Analysis Committee Member, California Architects Board
- Octavius Morgan Distinguished Service Award, California Architects Board, 2008
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Chairman, OSHPD, Administrative Process & Code Change Committee of The Hospital Building & Safety Board
- Chairman, OSHPD, The Hospital Building & Safety Board