Gerald Puchlik, AIA, ACHA
Gerry Puchlik has over 40 years of architectural experience in the areas of healthcare, education and long-term care design. He brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to his leadership role as the Principal of PDA. Gerry’s involvement in numerous prestigious architectural organizations includes the AIA California Chapter Healthcare Committee, having served as its Chair in 1997-1999. In his role as Chair, he was instrumental in assisting the state in creating guidelines for Senate Bill 1953, which mandated a critically needed set of seismic retrofit standards for California’s acute care facilities and hospitals. Gerry continuously counsels the California Department of Health Services/Licensing and the State Fire
Marshal in revising building codes, and is an active participant in countless healthcare seminars, panel discussions and workshops as a leading authority on current healthcare facilities design and market trends.
An active member in the Los Angeles and California chapters of the AIA, Gerry chaired the Health Subcommittee, advising the California Governor’s Task Force on Healthcare. He was a state-appointee to the California Task Force Committee for reviewing and co-creating proposed medical care
legislation. As California continues to lead the Nation in design, function and environmental progress for healthcare facilities, Gerry’s expertise places PDA in the forefront of healthcare architecture firms.
California California Polytechnic State University, Pomona - Bachelor of Science, Architecture
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Founding Member/Board Certified Architect, American College of Healthcare Architects (ACHA)
- Code and Legislative Committee, AIA LA
- Supplemental Exam Commissioner, California Architects Board (CAB)
- Task Force Committee, State Fire Marshal/Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD)
- Member, Skilled Nursing Advisory Committee (OSHPD)
- Member, Care Delivery Design Improvement Committee (CDDIC)
- Member, Ministry Board, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Foundation (CAHF/Aging Services of California)
- Chair, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Foundation (Currently)
- Board Member, Providence Health Systems Community Ministry, San Fernando Valley Service Area (Currently)