Programming is the opportunity to identify all of the physical and organizational issues to be solved in the design phase of a project. PDA acts as the initiator of ideas, providing you with creative alternatives to the issues presented. During programming we define the size, location, movement patterns and a basic configuration of the facility with attention paid to overall project costs.
The process includes:
- Establishing a project schedule and budget
- Gathering information such as existing conditions, furniture inventories, and staff, patients and families’ needs
- Understanding the organization and their workflow processes
- Identifying department representatives and conducting interviews
- Developing a written space program with the needs relevant to each user group